
This morning Ellie and I got up and out of the house early (well, 10:30) to attend our first infant sign language class at our Loveland library branch. We joined 10 other mothers and babies on a circle mat in the children's section and gathered around Becky, our instructor. Ellie was the youngest of the group, which otherwise ranged from 7 months to 3 years. Becky led us in a few little songs and we worked on several signs: I love you, more, eat, drink, milk, mom, dad, thank you, yes, no, hurt. So now every time we say any of those words, we're supposed to also sign them so that she can associate the action with the word. Supposedly, it will help her develop speech skills earlier and avoid tantrums because she needs something and doesn't know how to say it. We'll see. Anyway, I felt like a pretty cool mom showing up for sign language class! I don't have any pictures from class, but I hate to blog without posting a picture. Here's one from a few days ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment