While I haven't been to as many quintessential concerts as Holly, I would like to think that I've witnessed some fine live music.
Paul Simon and Bob Dylan at the Delta Center (they sang The Sound of Silence with just the two of them on the stage and Dylan played a solo on the harmonica)
Billy Joel at the Delta Center
Lori McKenna at Club Passim
Mary Chapin-Carpenter at Thanksgiving Point
BNL at the E-Center and Guster opened for them
Guster at In the Venue (downtown SLC)
John Mayer at USANA Amphetheater
James Taylor at USANA (which was the night that Jenni first kissed me)
Hootie and the Blowfish in Boston
Ray Brown at Jazz at the Sharaton (SLC)
Dave Matthews Band at the Medals Plaza - SLC 2002
Dave Matthews Band at USANA
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at Kingsbury Hall
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley
Nancy Griffith with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley
Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand at various Wasatch Front locations
Paul Jacobsen at various Wasatch Front locations
King Friday at Mayfest at the U.
The Samples at Kingsbury
David Wilcox at the Big Easy in Boise
David Wilcox at the Gallivan Center
Chuck Pyle at the Gallivan Center
Chuck Pyle at the U.
Chuck Pyle at Greyhaven
Jake Armerding at the Gallivan Center
Jake Armerding at Greyhaven
Buddy Mondlock at Greyhaven
That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
3 comments:
That's quite a list! Looking at it reminded me of a few that I forgot to mention:
Roseanne Cash at the Gallivan Center
Nanci Griffith in various locations
Art Garfunkel at Deer Valley
Paul Jacobsen in Provo
Dave Matthews in Cincinnati
Willie Nelson at The Beacon Theatre
Richard Thompson at The Beacon Theatre. I'd never heard of him, but Whitney said I'd be grateful if I went. I was.
Oh - and Neil Diamond at the Delta Center. Truly.
And remember Wilcox with Beth Neilsen Chapman in Boston? That was fun.
Post a Comment