Thursday, January 03, 2008

What a difference a year makes . . .



January 3, 2007 I checked into New England Medical Center for a 15 day stay in the Maternal Special Care Unit. To win this luxury vacaiton package, all I had to do was contract every 4 minutes, dilate to a 3, and be 27 weeks pregnant with twins. To kick off the big event, I recieved 2 injections of steroids separated by 24 hours of a magnesium sulfate drip, a foley catheter, med students checking my vitals and reflexes every two hours, and no food for the duration. After the initial excitement, I settled into a routine of "group" with the social worker and other MSCU residents every Thursday, the dessert cart every Tuesday and Friday afternoons, doctor's rounds every morning at 6:00, and all-you-can-eat room service.

January 3, 2008: I am happy to report that today I woke up to snuggles from two healthy, adorable, giggling babies. Thanks for all your prayers and support that got us here!

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow! Things are surely looking up for you in 2008. Those pictures seem like a long time ago. I'm so impressed with you and Jamin - more and more every time we see you! It seems there isn't anything you can't do! We love you! When are you guys bringing the kiddos to NYC?

KHH said...

Getting those twins here was a truly amazing accomplishment - and who could have imagined what kids they would be!

KHH said...

Those pictures bring it all back to me as the caretaker-grammie. That was a bleak midwinter. Congratulations to you and Jamin, Eliza and Ashton for making it through those intense times. Thanks for bringing Kathleen and Benjamin to us!! xoxoxg

Morgan Moore said...

Ann! I can't even think how I even found this blog! I've been thinking about you so much lately!! Hope you guys are doing well!! We miss you!

xoxo
Morgan Moore