Saturday, July 12, 2008

Canyon to Canyon



And the medals to prove it.

We laid out our running clothes carefully on Friday night, pinned our bibs onto our shirts, and retired early to await a 4:30 a.m. alarm clock. Breakfast of bananas and yogurt, and we were off to East Canyon for the annual Canyon to Canyon Half Marathon/10K.

As JT and Lizzie know, it is a great route - a dirt road winding along a stream among pastures in a narrow mountain valley. Plenty of up and down to keep you working, and plenty of scenery to distract you.

Mother ran the 10K; I ran the half marathon.

And we ran to win: Mother took 2nd place in Women 55-59; I took 3rd place in Men 60-64. Fortunately, we stayed around for the award ceremony!

5 comments:

Holly said...

You are both totally amazing! Congrats!!!

Lizzie said...

My parents are SOOOO cool!

Ali said...

So fun! I want to be like you guys when I grow up.

Ann Rowan said...

Eliza was so impressed when I told her the news . . . "wow!" she said, "Grammie's a fast runner . . . sure is faster than you!"

Clark B. Hinckley said...

Now that the results are published, the truth is out: there were exactly 3 men in the 60-64 age group and exactly 2 women in the 54-59 age group. I love small races!