
As you know, we drew a bye on the the 2008 travel season, and a good thing it was with everything else we have dealt with this year. But for 2009 we are back on the schedule, co-hosting a 12-day cruise that includes Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia, and Israel.
A new trip, of course, can mean only one thing - getting the right clothes. The Rockport shoes I bought for China still work great; the LLBean travel shirt is indestructible; the REI jacket I bought for New England is perfect; but I don't quite have the right pants. This is a 12-14 day trip and I need to do it with just two pairs of pants...

Luckily, the REI Labor Day Sale is still in full force. I had read the flyer a few days ago and noticed that their nylon travel pants came in a 34" inseam and were on sale for only $29. After this morning's half-marathon we dropped by REI (Mom's new Nalgene, with the flip-top lid, was defective!) and I thought it was worth looking. While most of the sale items were either size small or XXXL, the perfect travel pants were in stock in a 34" x 34" at a great sale price! Even without the planned cruise, I might have had to buy them, as my general policy is to buy any shirt or pants that I find in my size, my size being so rare... Here is the official description:
- Washed Neo-linen nylon has a peached finish for a soft, worn feel
- Moisture-wicking, quick-drying finish keeps you comfortable; UPF 50+ rated fabric blocks harmful UV rays
- Secure your travel or trail essentials in the two concealed, zippered pockets at side seams and the zippered hip pocket
- Also features two front slash pockets and two rear button-closure welt pockets
- Contrast bar-tack stitching throughout adds durability
- Launders easily in washing machine or by hand, if need be while traveling
BTW, at a starting price of $1999 per person, this trip is a great deal. And immediate family members qualify for a discount.
Happy sailing!
8 comments:
Does $1999 include the travel pants?
Travel pants not included.
Darn. I was all ready to spring for it if the deal included travel pants. What, pray tell, is the family member discount?
I think the family member discount is a cruise price of $1,000 (which does not include the optional land excursions).
Hmm. We can give them $100 for the cruise, if they throw in the land excursions and the travel pants. Benefits to the cruise line? Our charming personalities on board, plus those of our two year old and soon-to-be newborn. We can even wax insightful on whatever topic the cruise directors choose, at no extra charge.
I really, really, really want to go on this trip. Really. It sounds perfect!
congratulations on the pants! Can't beat that. And I'm totally jealous that you are going to my very places places and some that are my favorites even though I haven't even been to them yet. I'm just sure they would be my favorite. But don't you at least need an interpreter for Rome?
Of course we need an interpreter for Rome! Please come with...
Post a Comment