Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's Only a Game

I did my part: I hung the BYU flag on the front porch, I wore my BYU sweatshirt and hat to the carwash, the cleaners and Smith's. We had Maddie and her friends in the basement and Noah and Chester upstairs (while Calvin and Dolly went to the stadium). Spencer came over. We ate chile and nibbled on chips and salsa. But I guess having the U double BYU's points makes sense. After all, they caught all of their passes and most of ours too.

But, hey, it's only a game. I worked on Quicken and filed papers the entire time and had a very productive afternoon. And BYU's loss is less bitter knowing that it brings millions of dollars to the conference!

2 comments:

Joseph said...

We're grateful that the U. is so generous as to share their winnings with us, and we're grateful for the tithing of the U. fans, which makes BYU possible.

Lizzie said...

Cool flag. We found the game all the way out here & I wore my BYU sweat shirt all day.