Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Visit to the MNAC

At Holly´s suggestion, we took a few hours on Friday afternoon to visit the Museu Nacional de Arte Catalan. Since Holly had already purchased an annual membership in mother´s name, I purchased a matching membership and spent the afternoon looking at the world´s finest collection of 11th and 12th century Catalan frescos. As good as the collection is the building, a spectacular palace! The museum also has a great collection of paintings including a good modern art collection.

The upstairs lounge...

Hot chocolate on the terrace after the museum visit

The museum at night

Overlooking the city from the front of the museum

Afterwards we went down to the Barri Gotic for tapas and to take advantage of the post-Christmas rebajas...

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love Europe - amazing art collections inside a palace? Yes, please.

I like the new blog layout too.

Super love!

Jamin said...

I can't believe you live in Europe! *MY* Europe! (as Josephine March would say). We loved being sereneded on Skype by your elders tonight. Too good to be true.

xoxoxox

Jamin said...

p.s. this is Ann, not Jamin.

xoxoxoxoa

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Oooooh, it looks just loverly.