Friday, May 21, 2010

Five Days, Five cities, Two Zone Conferences, 38 Interviews, 1300 Kilometers

We said goodby to Ann and Jamin on Monday morning, loaded our bags and our Ayudantes into the Toyota, and began 5-day roadtrip. We drove to Murcia for Zone Conference and interviews, then up to Elche for more interviews, then to Torrevieja and Gandia for more interviews, then to Valencia for Zone Conference and a final round of interviews. By Thursday night we were tired! We finished reading emails and missionary letters, unplugged the alarm clocks, and went to bed!

Getting ready to leave
 
Heading south...


On the Autopista de Pau Cassals

Pizza lunch after Zone Conference at the Murcia chapel

"El Faro"

 Our favorite hotel - the Huerto del Cura in Elche
 
 Stopping alongside the Mediterranean Sea

The good news is we scheduled a preparation day on Friday in Valencia before driving home. We walked through the city, climbed the Torres Serrans, took the bus to the Aquarium at the City of Arts and Sciences, saw the fish, had lunch, then drove out to the Lladro factory for the factory tour. Great fun and very relaxing. Then back in the car for the 3+ hour drive back up the coast to Barcelona. It was a great way to end a great trip!
 Valencia!

 Inside the market in Valencia


 Watering the plants on the rooftop in Valencia
 
 One of many beautiful sidewalks in Valencia

Walkway at the City of Arts and Sciences (designed by Santiago Calatrava)

City of Arts and Sciences

 City of Arts and Sciences



1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I love The City of Arts & Sciences! Isn't the aquarium just amazing?! And I love the beautiful sidewalks in Valencia! I love looking at these pictures knowing that I was just there, it makes me so happy. What a week you have had ... I hope you get lots of sleep this weekend!