Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Week in Review

Pony rides at Thanksgiving point. Abby, I'm-all-legs, Bowler.



Annie and Emma


Mr. C-U-T-E



Our harvested beets


Canoe Day on Silver Lake. Beautiful.


Slumber party after the flood


Carpet pulled up in Abby's room. Recognize that desk?

Joseph and the shop-vac
Story behind the flood. On his way home from work, Chris thought that he'd put in a load of wash when he got home. After all, he didn't mind doing laundry, and he desperately needed some clean garments. So, he started the washer while I finished dinner, and after we cleaned up, went down to get the girls ready for bed. I stepped off the bottom step of the stairs into squishy wet carpet. Panic! I looked the laundry room. 3 inches of water. The bathroom had about 4 inches and the carpet in Abby's room, which is down the slope of the foundation, soaked up I don't know how many gallons of water. The washer had been running for a solid hour. Poor Chris, the time that he put a load in, a tube inside the washer had become disconnected and never shut off the water. We called Jared and Joseph who promptly arrived with shop-vacs in hand. I called our neighbors and rounded up some fans. We vacuumed, pulled up carpet, dismantled Abby's room, hauled out sopping wet carpet, turned fans on and finally went to bed at 11 pm. Chris promised he'd never do the wash again. The basement is now put back together and all is in working order.

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Funny/sad about the flood. Looks like you guys have been having fun. How close in age are Annie & Emma? They are cute. Sup lov.

Holly said...

A flood! Oh, ugh. And such cute kiddos! Wish we could go to Thanksgiving Point and canoeing with you. xoxo

KHH said...

I hate floods! It takes weeks to get back to normal. Hope it's better by now. And... those are some of the cutest kids on the planet! Emma always looks like one of yours to me. She's adorable!

Super fun: Thanksgiving Point and canoeing!