Sunday, March 18, 2007

MOAB 1/2 Marathon




I venture to say that the Moab half marathon was the prettiest course I have ever run. Gorgeous blue skies against a red rock canyon guided by a river, and enough sun to leave pink cheeks. We loved it! It was practically a Bonneville Stake reunion - we saw so many friends! Dad did an outstanding job coming in with a great time. I was surprised to see my time when I crossed the finish line and was very excited about it.


We had the pre-race jitters as we got up early to grab our packets, race numbers, and green shirts in honor of St. Patricks day. Then we headed back the hotel to try to eat something before heading over to the buses that took us up the canyon. As we waited for the race to begin, we saw Jill Carter, the Cannons, the Maxfields, and other friends. JT's dad and roommate Chris came with us. They took off right at the start, and I ran with my ipod in my ears and the red rock rising above me. It was wonderful.




Mom and JT cheered us through the finish line (JT is injured and couldn't run). It was great to have cheerleaders - I couldn't have done it without them! We ate a leisurely lunch at a fun local moab resturant and then headed to delicate arch! I'd never seen it before, and was excited for an excuse to hike in chacos. As usual, the 3 miles roundtrip turned out to be about 6, but it was worth it!

No comments: