Friday, June 01, 2007

Memorial Day Activities

On Friday and Saturday I attended the annual Mormon History Association conference at the Hilton downtown. One of my American studies professors offered extra credit (and free registration to the conference - a $35 value) if we would volunteer to be a "session monitor." That means that if the presenter in the break-out sessions used a PowerPoint, I dimmed the lights. It was a very important job, as you can see.

On Monday our plans to go to Scipio fell through (I was devastated, of course), so instead we just stayed in Provo. We went running in the morning (to the Einstein's on Centre street to get a bagel and then walked home), then I studied LSAT for the rest of the day until we went to the Provo City cemetery just before it closed to see Ira Nathaniel's grave, and then we bought a chair at the RC Willey Clearance Outlet's Memorial Day sale. We rearranged our living room last week and it left a vacant spot in the room that needed a comfortable chair. But after we bought it, we realized that it will never fit in our Corolla, nor do we have enough rope to tie it to the top of the car. Since the store is only about five blocks from out house, we thought about just carrying it home. Fortunately, the Koellikers were coming down to Provo on Wednesday to speak at Jenni's Enrichment night, so we asked them to bring their Tahoe. Enjoy the pics of our new living room. I think the black chair goes quite well with our black coffee table and tv table. Jenni and I loved the chair when we saw it and thought "Wow, that's such a great price for a leather chair!" So we grab a salesman and tell him we're ready to buy this chair and as we're walking to the computer to finalize the deal, he turns and says, "You know that's not real leather, right?" Jenni and I looked at each other, then I turned to him and said, "Yes. Of course it's not real leather." Jenni started to laugh and I could hardly keep a straight face. So it's not real leather, but it certainly fooled us (which may not be very hard). But it was a good price, so we bought it anyway.





What did you do for Memorial Day?

Oh, and Jenni made a cake for my birthday: double-layer chocolate. I married the right woman.

2 comments:

Sister Abby Bowler said...

looks like a cute apartment! And yummy cake, too! xoAda

Lizzie said...

I can't wait to see your new chair and the new arrangement. That cake looks amazing, and I love the pic of Jenni sitting in the chair with her sunglasses on. She's rad.