Tuesday, June 03, 2008

May Milestones

We hit some major milestones last month . . .

Jamin graduated! (a quite remarkable feat when you look at all those little monkeys hanging around his neck!) The graduation day was beautiful, David McCullough was the commencement speaker, and Creed and Ellen were here to celebrate with us. Jamin reports to Wake Forest University on August 20th for new faculty orientation, so we will leave Boston (boo-hoo) around August 15th. We are excited about living in North Carolina and being neighbors with Mike and Heather!

To celebrate the last 9 years of graduate school, we spent Memorial Day weekend in NYC with Creed and Ellen--with no kids (thanks to cousin St. Esther)! It was a fabulous weekend of fine dining, neighborhood exploring, and soaking up the urban mecca.


Eliza turned 6, lost her two front teeth, and is working on kicking her thumb sucking habit--and doing great!

Ashton decided on what to be when he grows up. The conversation went like this:
A: I wanna be Superman when I grow up, not like a dentist. Mom, can I be Superman when I grow up?
me: Hmm, he's pretend, so I don't think so.
A: (with thoughtful determination) I think I can.


Benjamin learned to walk!

And Kate has reached a new height of cuteness!

2 comments:

itchandscratch said...

Hi Rowans,
I promise I'm not stalking you. I happened to be googling something on your Grandfather and I came across the Hinckley Blog. And to my surprise, I saw a pic of my old roomie, Ann
Congrats on graduation, Jamin! Time does fly, wow, 4 kids and a degree. And NC sounds like lots of fun. The kids are all so cute and adorable. Fun to see how great life is treating you.

Steph

Holly said...

Those pictures are so cute!! We miss you super bad!