Friday, February 13, 2009

Back in the C.C.M.

That's the "Centro de Capacitacion Misional," better known to most of you as the M.T.C. We spent the full day on Thursday "en clase" with our respective tutors, then took the evening off to attend the annual Marjorie P. Hinckley Lecture over at the Hinckley Alumni Center. The lecture was by William Dougherty from the University of Minnesota. He was very interesting, talking about research on the problems of overscheduling in our families and the loss of regular family dinner time, and what the implications are for both families and societies.

I headed for home after the lecture; but I dropped Kathleen off at her lodgings at the MTC (which could best be described as simple but adequate). I have a day of meetings at the office, but hope to be back in Provo by 3:00 for more immersion. Tonight we will spend the night at the M.T.C. and continue our studies through noon on Saturday. Can you even imagine a more romantic Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Picturing Mom sleeping alone in an lonely MTC room is pitiful. I'm glad you are going back tonight to be with her!

Sister Abby Bowler said...

I'm imagining my DT dorm room--simple, but adequate, (but stark, too)--I really hope it's better than that!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Clark B. Hinckley said...

It is just like your DT dorm room, only not as large or as nice...