"If only the kids could see us now" has become a reality! Lizzie was here for transfer week - we picked her up at the airport, brought her home, then went back to the airport to meet a new Elder arriving from the Madrid MTC, stopped by Montjuic on the way home, had lunch with the new Elder and his companion and then sent them off, then had dinner and a meeting with the 11 outgoing missionaries, then went down to Plaza Catalunya to sing, then Lizzie collapsed in her bed in the General Authority room. Early the next morning (7:45) we went to the airport to drop off the outgoing missionaries. So in her first 24 hours she saw the airport three times. Welcome to our life.
She met all the office staff, saw missionaries coming and going, went on an overnight road trip with us to Zaragoza where I spoke to the priesthood on Saturday night and the combined branches on Sunday morning, conducted a number of interviews (temple recommends and patriarchal blessings), helped ordain three recent members as Elders, and Kathleen spoke in Sacrament meeting. Oh, and the hour before we left Kathleen and Lizzie both spoke to the Barcelona Stake Young Women while I translated.
She went to Makro to do the shopping in anticipation of Elder Kopischke's arrival tomorrow to tour the mission, she went down to the office on Sunday night as the Zone Leaders telephoned in the statistics, she rode the metro and the bus and walked and walked and walked.
In between meetings and events we showed Lizzie our town: old Sarria, the Pedrables monestary, the Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, the moderniste buildings and incredible stores along Gracia, my running trail along Tibidabo, the Cathedral, the Ramblas, Barri Gotic, the waterfront, the Columbus statue, and the little local guanteria - glove store - where Lizzie purchased a pair of red leather gloves. She paid way too much for them, but she is bringing home Spanish gloves of Spanish leather...


2 comments:
I love Barc!!! (That's what the locals call it). I'm so glad I got to come. It was pretty much my favorite trip ever. THANK YOU! I mean MUCIAS GRACIAS! And next time I'll bring JT!
Wait - was the "Walking in Sarria" pic something for an Anthropologie catalog? Because it looks like something for an Anthropologie catalog. Barc looks good on you!
Post a Comment