Thursday, December 17, 2009

Valencia Oranges

Yes, they really grow Valencia oranges in Valencia, and this is the orange season. As we drove along the AP-7, the Autopista del Mediterraneo, the orange groves were busy with workers picking the harvest from heavily laden trees. Fresh oranges, with leaves still attached, were available by the bag full in the rest stops along the highway.

The fresh Valencia oranges made a great edible centerpiece for the tables at our Christmas conference. We brought a bag or two home with us for the holidays!

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Great center pieces! Those oranges look muy deliciouso.

Holly said...

I can't wait to eat all of those! I've been thinking about Spanish clementines for a few weeks now, since they are starting to show up in the stores here. I can't wait to eat all that citrus in its native land!

Clark B. Hinckley said...

We haven´t seen the fresh-picked oranges in Barcelona - we may have drive south and buy some. They are available in the rest stops along the freeway as we travel south...

Ann Rowan said...

ooooh those oranges look good! Much better than the bag I just bought . . . my Florida oranges are a little disappointing. I should go on the hunt for some Spanish clementines!