Monday, October 25, 2010

Special Delivery

So, I'm finally getting these photos posted. The Rowans and Bowlers made a special delivery to the Church Administration Building a couple of weeks ago. After waiting very quietly in the lobby (with Ann and I reminding the kids that we need to be reverent, and Annie continually singing "Follow the Prophet"), Pat Fought ushered us back to the office of the President, a familiar spot, where we chatted with Pres Monson for nearly an hour. (A little long for the toddlers...) He showed us all of his trinkets, including flies for fly fishing, some bolo ties, a Nauvoo bell, a Boy Scout walking stick with all of the merit badges painted on it (this was Ashton's favorite), and any other miscellaneous things he had in his desk drawer.

Annie threw two tantrums and I had to take her out and talk to the secretaries before going back in. Fortunately, the secretaries had an enormous jar of hard candies that kept Annie happy for a short period of time.

Finally after an hour of visiting, the kids helped Pres Monson open the Lladro statue, which he said he would take home and show to his wife. He enjoyed your letter, Dad, and read it out loud to us.

The kids loved going to visit the Prophet and wrote lengthy entries in their journals that night.




We finished our downtown visit with a pizza party and playing at Grammie's.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wow! You are so lucky! What a special afternoon. Those pictures of the kiddos sitting around him opening the present are so sweet.

Holly said...

So lucky! I think I would start sobbing though to walk in and see wonderful Pat. What an amazing experience for the kids - don't you still remember the first time we went in that office, when President Kimball was the prophet? We must have been about Abby and Eliza's ages.

KHH said...

What a treat to be with the President Monson. It's just as I imagined it, only better!

Robyn said...

Amazing. You all look beautiful. Miss you!