Sunday, September 03, 2006

E-mail is so 2004!


So here is a better way - the new family blog. Post your notes, observations, photos.

Mommakath and I had a busy holiday weekend already. Friday night we went with Rick and Carolyn Evans to Provo for an Enoch Train concert - the live rendition of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes / Orange Blossom Special" was worth the trip. Saturday we went to the farmer's market (where we ran into Annie and Ron Poelman), then Costco, then got a tire repaired on the Jeep, took naps, set up a Flickr account, loaded photos, ordered some prints, then decided to go somewhere we had never been - it turned out to be Stansbury Island, a somewhat surreal landscape in the Great Salt Lake north of Grantsville... By the time we got back to SLC it was dark and we were hungry; had dinner at Pei Wei, bought a new hairdryer at Shopko, washed the car, and went to bed...

So, how was your weekend? Let us know...

1 comment:

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Hi. Just got back from Massanutten (a ski resort town in western-central VA) where we spent the long weekend with some new friends of ours named Barb and Ryan Nelson and their 4 kids. It was pretty exciting, with lots to do: swimming, go-cart rides, fishing, hiking etc. Abby actually caught a fish (and released it.) The Nelsons must think that I am the world's biggest wimp. I couldn't touch the bate-worms (too-slimy!), the pool was too cold (I'm spoiled with the Bowler's heated pool), I don't ski (so they won't be inviting us to go to their cabin in the winter), and I don't like bugs flying around my face (but, c'mon, who does). Anyway the kids had a great time playing together. Chris spent Labor-day weekend laboring in Shanghi (sp?). He'll be back on Friday night.

Abby's first day of school (round 2) is tomorrow, so better get her to bed...
Super love,
Ada