
So, I got up early this morning and headed up to the cabin because..., because Mom is in Alexandria and it was something to do. The thermometer in the Jeep read 39, a sure sign that the seasons must be changing. I went directly from the driveway for a hike up to Willow Lake, hoping to see a moose, a hope was in vain. But I did see two deer at the trailhead. But mostly what I saw was Fall - the aspens were still green but the underbrush was yellow, the meadow yellow and brown, and few oak leaves a brilliant red.
But here is the best news. I put a fuse in the pellet stove to test the repair Spencer and I made last week. Tentatively, I turned the power on to the stove and set it to start up. The motor hummed, and the fan started, I watched... Nothing. More nothing. Then clouds of black smoke billowing out the exhaust onto the porch. The a burst of bright flame!
Spent the morning enjoying the stove and reading. Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment