
Saturday we were in Brian Head at Steve Hansen's new cabin - a beautiful place. It was my scheduled long run, so I determined to run from the cabin up to the summit (10,420 feet) and the Cedar Breaks overlook, then back down to Brian Head and all the way down the canyon to the truckstop on I-15 in Parowan. Unfortunately, on Tuesday I had run in a new pair of shoes which gave me some blisters (why does Ascics have to change the model every year?) which had not yet fully healed. I forgot to bring by good running socks. I left my Gu in my bag a home. And about 8 mile into the run I hit patch of ice on a steep downhill in the canyon and landed flat on by back, bruising by tail bone and hitting the back of my head so hard my sunglasses flew off. Fortunately, the blood from the head wound clotted quickly so it didn't drip on my shirt... There was no cell phone reception in the canyon, and it seemed like the best thing was to press on to Parowan, which I did, in spite of the dollar size blisters on each foot where Tuesday's blisters were aggravated.
So except for the fall, the blisters, the wrong socks, and forgetting my Gu, it was a good run...
3 comments:
Oh Dad! That sounds terrible! I'm glad you made it back safely to tell about, though.
Oh my gosh, gross! I found myself grabbing my head in agony as you told the story. I'm glad you are safe. Caitlin just told me that Cory Maxfield ran the Boston Marathon on Monday!
I can't believe I just signed up to submit myself to this kind of torture!
Post a Comment