
Lizzie met me at the Eastside Marriott (49th and Lex) at 8:30 a.m. It was colder than I had planned on and raining intermittently, so we stopped at Sym's where I picked up a pair of running pants. We walked up to the corner of Central Park where the dark purple and cream tulips were in bloom, then entered the Park and began our run.
It was a wet morning, which made all the colors deeper and more vibrant. We ran past the Wollman Rink (made famous by the ice skating scene in "Love Story" and where I saw Don Mclean and Bill Withers in concert); the Zoo ("it's all happening at the zoo"); under the Delacorte Clock; past the Alice in Wonderland statue; around the Reservoir; among the flowering trees; and ultimately back to the Plaza where the tulips seemed even more beautiful.
Sarabeth's now has a location on Central Park South, so it seemed like an ideal spot for breakfast. We enjoyed homemade granola, yogurt, fruit, and muffins with Sarabeth preserves.
It's a great town!
1 comment:
It's my favorite town!
Post a Comment