Friday, October 16, 2009

"Around the Corner"

Sarriá, the neighborhood where we live, was until a century ago, a small independent village some distance from Barcelona. The monastery, founded in the 14th century with an endowment by Reina Elisenda, is still active and is centered around a lovely 14th century cloister. Much of the old village remains intact, so while walking to the barbershop or the market we often walk on cobblestone streets through narrow medieval alleys. There are a number of lovely little shops and stores tucked into ancient village buildings, and we ran across a wonderful little bookstore the other day:


Of course, they don't own the name "Around the Corner," it just happens that they are located around the corner. Hope you are planning to pay us a visit - it would be shame to miss Barcelona in the Spring!

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Oh my goodness! Amazing! I want to go there!

Ann Rowan said...

that's amazing. I totally love that! Definitely don't want to miss barcelona in the spring--can I come in May?

Clark B. Hinckley said...

May is wide open!