Friday, November 12, 2010

Palma

We flew to Palma on Monday evening for a 3-day "mini-MTC" with the Palma zone. Right now the Palma zone is leading the mission in teaching and just about every other category - it is our smallest zone, with only 8 missionaries plus the Thompsons, but they are excited and working hard. We had a wonderful three days with them!

Going to Palma is always a treat, as it is such a lovely city! Most of our free time was spent going to El Corte Ingles to pick up things for the conference - apples, mandarinos, a cable for the printer (which I forgot to pack), a new ink cartridge (ran out of black ink), etc. But we did stop by our favorite hamburger stand and take a little walk around the cathedral and through the town.

Here are a few photos from our visit.

The morning view from our hotel window, looking out to Castell Bellver.

Near the hotel on Passeig Mallorca

A lovely little park along the Passeig Born

Climbing the steps up to the Cathedral

One of the towers of the Cathedral

Evening in the city

3 comments:

KHH said...

I don't know, he just said, "Pose like Lizzie."

Lizzie said...

HAHAHA! CUTE! You look darling! I have got to go to Palma. What an amazing city!

Ann Rowan said...

So beautiful! And Mom, I like your new skirt length. Very flattering. I just saw the new sister missionary wardrobe guidelines. Inspired!