Holly arrived in SLC Thursday night in time for the wedding dinner at Garden Park and stayed on for the sealing and reception on Friday. But on Saturday she and Kathleen were up at the crack of dawn (or a little before), and headed East in the Jeep. Yes, I sold the Jeep, and now Holly gets to be a Jeep lady. And Rob finally gets to be a Jeep guy. I will miss that car - we've been some great places together (like Pinnacle #1 in the San Rafael Swell, pictured here).
But this blog is not about the Jeep. It's about going to Church in the Yale Ward today. Alone. I am between Church callings (released as stake president and called but not yet set apart as mission president), so I had no assignments or responsibilities, and with Kathleen enroute to Cinci, I had no family member to sit with at Church. Is this what Kathleen did all those years while I was on the stand scanning the congregation, pondering callings, seeing who was there and who was not, observing the bishopric, getting to know the speakers, and host of other things that occupy a stake president's mind during Sunday meeting? Today I had nothing to do but be a participant, which is not a bad thing, but very different! A special thanks to Rick Evans who sat by me in Priesthood meeting, and the Glissmeyers who sat by me in Sunday School and Sacrament meeting. And to Kathleen, who did this Sunday after Sunday after Sunday. I can hardly wait until we are companions in our Church calling, too!
2 comments:
Cute.
Sorry you were lonely at church. But I love the video montages that come from Mom's absence.
What did you eat for dinner?
Thanks for the Jeep, Pops. I'm glad I've been with you and the Jeep to Pinnacle #1, the Grand Canyon, and all those fun places. I'm glad I get the essence of the Jeep. Hopefully after a life of adventure in the West, the Jeep will find happiness in the Midwest. She looks great in the driveway, and Rob is begging to drive her to work tomorrow. Fat chance.
Sorry you were alone at church. That's the worst. Granola and chips and cheese was the dinner menu we heard from Spencer. Did you manage to get anything else? I'll send Mom back to you in just a few hours!
Post a Comment