Zions Bank checking account statement dated January 5, 1999. I've handwritten the number for Lost & Found at BYU on top. Along with debits for gas and ATM withdrawals, I spent $63.70 at Harold's and $20 at Salon Keiji. That must have been a fun day.
Library receipt dated January 11, 1999. I checked out The Rainy Season CD, Camelot VHS, and "Cracking the GRE" by the Princeton Review.
Paper printed from the Salt Lake City Public Library website. The search term is "Princeton Review," but no other info is on the sheet. Instead, Ann has written a series of call numbers at the Sprague Library branch, as well as the address, hours, and phone number for the branch.
Benefit Statement in my name from Business Men's Assurance Company. Turns out it's an insurance statement from a dental checkup I had on November 19, 1998, by Dr. Doug Neuenswander. The visit was exactly one week after my November 12, 1998 return from My Mission. It appears that the visit was inadvertently billed to my Utah State Bar insurance, which was long cancelled.
Letter from Zions Investment Securities, Inc., dated January 15, 1999. It's signed by Peter Morgan, thanking me for "adding Internet access through Zions Direct Brokerage" to my brokerage account. He sends me his best regards.
Receipt for money transferred into a Zions Investment Securities account dated January 14, 1999. It's blue stamped with the following warning: "This investment is a security and is not a bank deposit and is not insured by the FDIC."
Three letters from friends
1. A Christmas card sent on December 28, 1998, from one of my MTC teachers
1. A wedding announcement from a former zone leader, who got married on December 21, 1998 (his father was called to be the president of the Bordeaux mission while he was my zone leader, and later he turned out to be our Negotiations professor in law school - because that's how many people are in the world);
3. A long letter from Josie, dated July 14, 2000. The first line is "I'm supposed to be busy writing a curriculum right now, but instead I made you a mix." I'm stunned to see that track #6 on the mix was Misguided Angel. By the time this mix showed up in my life, I'm quite certain Misguided Angel was a staple at Committee guitar nights, and I know Brad and Whitney had already treated me to a Cowboy Junkies birthday concert. Brilliant minds listen to the same music. Track #14, a Neil and Tim Finn duet, describes Tim as the "Art Garfunkel" of the pair. The letter also reflects on her first few weeks of marriage in pure Josie prose.
Thanks for the memories, Mom! Remember when you mailed Lizzie's homework to me in Paris? That was funny.
7 comments:
Maybe you were supposed to review Lizzie's homework for her before she turned it in...
I guess cleaning the kitchen counter turned into cleaning out the garage.
Oh, the memories...
It's a living archive.
HILARIOUS!
I just got a package with a payment stub for my first real job - Cummings Studio Chocolates. I got paied $5.35 an hour!
I can't believe Mom saved all of that. Then I opened my cupboard to find stacks of things the girls have written, drawn, scribbled on. I just keep stuffing them into my file box and someday I'll go through them--maybe when I go on a mission. I better start saving for all the postage!
Post a Comment