Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cuadragésimo Aniversario

Granada Stake Celebrates 40th Anniversary of the Church in Spain

On Friday evening Saints of the Granada, Spain stake gathered in chapels in Granada and Málaga for a special program celebrating the 4oth anniversary of the Church in Spain. The program began with a video presentation, then a musical presentation by the stake choir.

This was followed by remarks from Elder Richard G. Scott, which he broadcast live from his office via satellite. At the same time, I linked up via satellite from the MTC in Provo (where Kathleen and I were spending the day studying Spanish). Elder Scott and I joined for some remarks, and after his conclusion I stayed on to tell a little more about the beginning of missionary work in Spain and respond to a few questions. It was a great event!

All of this, of course was conducted in Spanish, so I consider it my first official talk in Spanish to Spanish Saints! It was a little rough, but I got through it.

During the Q&A they focused the camera on a couple in the chapel in Granada that currently have a son serving in Barcelona - Elder Melgarejo. When I said to his mother that I would see her son before she saw him again, she began to cry!

¡Adelante!

1 comment:

Sister Abby Bowler said...

The trumpet and briefcase are the best part of the photo. But Dad's glasses are pretty good, too. What a neat opportunity to speak to the members before you even get there!